Sunday, January 15, 2012

it's only 84 days

Hello World

I've always wanted to start a blog but I've just not had much to write about. That all changed today, well, technically, it changes tomorrow! Tomorrow I begin the Body for Life challenge. For those of you that are unfamiliar visit www.bodyforlife.com for more information. In short, it is a 12 week diet and exercise program. Josh and I have become VERY comfortable in our bodies since we have been together and we have let ourselves go a bit. We are VERY excited to do this 12 week journey together and I thought it would be a therapeutic idea to blog about our journey. (I also thought this might be a motivator to also stick with it) We've spent some time researching, bought the book, and grocery shopped. Starting at 7 AM tomorrow I will be on my way to a thinner and more fit version of myself. I hope you enjoy reading about my experience as much as I will enjoy living it!!

I'm going to list my goals in this post so that A) They are listed in ink (or pixels, whatever), and B) so that hopefully someone will read this and hold me accountable!!!

My Goals:
  1. Lose at least 25 pounds
  2. Drop 3 pant sizes
  3. Have more energy
  4. Retain some of my healthy eating habits after the challenge
  5. Grow closer to Josh 
Fingers crossed that my blog post 85 days from now will include my before and after photos and I make a Body for Life believer out of everyone who took time to read this.

Here is what I keep telling myself. It's only 84 days...I can do this!! I've decided on the "84" days motto because it is a less daunting to say then, "It's only 120,960 minutes" or "It's only 2016 hours" Yup, it's only 84 days. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the next three months.


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck in your journey.Seems like your motivated.I know we are cousin's and don't really know each other very well ,but seems to me you are a great young lady who makes her goals.So i'll be reading your blogs as i love reading and writing blogs

    ReplyDelete