Thursday, January 19, 2012

day 4

Today was interesting to say the least. After my leg workout yesterday, stairs were a challenge to climb today, and since I work on the second story of our building there was no escaping them. I may or may not have climbed up them on my knees at one point. Yea, I'm that classy.

Today was a cardio day and after the pain I was in at work I wasn't sure I would be able to finish this workout. I took it one step at a time. I told myself when I got home from work just to change into my workout clothes. Then I told myself that I would just stretch a little and see where that led. Then I told myself I would just jog a little around the block. Then, before I knew it, I had ran for 20 minutes. It was more of a run/walk but still, I DID IT!!! I just need to remember to take every day one step at a time. If I do, I just might be able to complete this program with some sanity.

Today's POSITIVE for today is the FOOD! You might be surprised but my diet has been delightful this week. Today I had a Grilled Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing for lunch.



Then for dinner I made Whole Wheat Goulash!!! It's still simmering on the stove so I haven't tasted it yet but it smells amazing!!!



I would recommend Body For Life to anyone just for the food. Josh and I were talking today and we are hopeful that we will continue our healthy eating habits once the 12 weeks are over. We aren't used to eating at home this often so it's been an adjustment. There are about 140 times the amount of dishes each day then we are used to and I don't think my fridge has ever had this many groceries in it. But, it's been so fun to get to create healthy meals with Josh and actually pay attention to what we are putting in our bodies. (that's what she said!)

Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment