Wednesday, January 18, 2012

day 3

LEGS ; noun ; "either of the two lower limbs of a biped, as a human being, or any of the paired limbs of an animal, arthropod, etc., that support and move the body."


I no longer have legs. Having legs would imply that I have lower limbs that support and move my body. I once had legs, then I did my first Body for Life lower body workout. I'm pretty sure that in the morning when I wake up I'll put my feet on the ground, stretch while sitting on the side of my bed, then stand. At this point, I will immediately fall to the ground because my legs now hate me!

The leg workout wasn't ALL terrible. I mean, i was able to finish it, so that's good. I'm looking forward to getting fitter and stronger because today's workout reminded me how weak I am. It was like a slap in face, or more literally, a kick in the leg. I did these workouts:

  • Leg Press
  • Leg Extensions
  • Dumbbell Lunges
  • Lying Leg Curl
  • Angled Calf Raises
  • One Leg Calf Raises
  • Crunches
  • Bent Knee Leg Raises
I think I could have pushed harder during my workout but I was tired. Now that I know what to expect I will mentally prepare better for my next lower body workout. I think that will give me a "leg up"

Positive thought for today: I was able to once again get up at 6AM and go to the gym before work. I hope this "early to rise" trend continues to get easier because it's quite enjoyable to get my workout out of the way right after I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment