Tuesday, January 31, 2012

day 16

Food For Thought....

First, I would like to apologize for being MIA lately. Weekends are usually pretty busy for Josh and I and this past one was no exception. I have fully recovered from my illness and I'm back in the gym. I took my two week measurements yesterday and so far I've lost 4 pounds and 2.1% body fat. I was sooo pleased with these results considering I missed FIVE workouts last week. (between being sick and work, it was all I could do to stay awake until I got home.)

Now that we have that out of the way I want to get to the meat and potatoes (pun intended) of this blog post.

FOOD

I LOVE FOOD. I love the way it taste, the way it smells, the texture, and the cooking process.  I guess that's a given though considering I'm trying to lose weight. I'm not a very good "dieter" because of my love of food and it's also the reason I've given up on other diet plans. Usually "diet food" is bland and gets old fast. This time around seems different and Josh and I are finding some really great recipes to keep things spicy.

Tonight for dinner I made Chicken Stir Fry with Brown Rice.








It was so simple to make and so delightful to eat. In a previous blog post I mentioned a delectable Vegetable Beef Stew that Josh made. Here is proof of the masterpiece:




Both of these recipes met the Body for Life criteria, were mainly prepped ahead of time, took no time to cook, and made plenty of leftovers for the next days meals. If we can continue to make meals this good Josh and I may just be "healthy" eaters for life!!!


Now, on a more sinful note, I will leave you with a picture of what we devoured on our cheat day






I hate to sound "cheesy" but it was the best thing I've ever tasted. (I'm pretty sure I'm on a "roll" tonight)


Until next time food friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment