Monday, January 23, 2012

day 8: sick day

Well, today was supposed to be the start of week two. Instead, it was the start of what I'm now calling "the great sinus infection of 2012." I called in sick to work and spent a majority of the day sleeping in bed. I guess the only upside for today is that what little food I did eat was certainly part of the Body for Life diet. So far today I've had yogurt, a few pieces of sliced turkey, a handful of veggies, an apple, and then I ate about half of a fajita that Josh made for dinner. Needless to say, I didn't get my workout in either. Hopefully I will wake up in the morning feeling more like myself and be able to get two days worth of workouts into one session.

I've taken more meds and I'm off to bed.

Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Boy do I ever remember the first few weeks, I feel your pain too. The extreme soreness will go away, I promise, and instead of crawling on your knees up the stairs you'll skip up them lol.. now you are really going to think I am crazy, but if you don't have a fever or a sore throat and it's all sinus/ cold, hit the gym and give it a shot. Just make sure to stay hydrated and try to get through it. Pick up a netti pot to clean out those sinuses. You'll also appreciate the funny faces you make in your bathroom mirror as you clean out your sinuses with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete